Definition of DIET: noun
1.food and drink considered in terms of its qualities, composition, and its effects on health:
2.a particular selection of food, especially as designed or prescribed to improve a person’s physical condition or to prevent or treat a disease:
3.such a selection or a limitation on the amount a person eats for reducing weight:
The word DIET is derived from the Middle English word “diete” meaning “way of life” and “sharing”
I LOVE this – wouldn’t it be wonderful for people to be sharing their way of life instead of suffering through a quagmire of confusing information, depressing media opinions and chemical concoctions.
Nowhere did I find that the word DIET means to:
- change your diet – for a little while
- get rid of the stuff you are used to – for a little while
- until you want to reintroduce them again, because someone told you it was ok to do that.
- Or that a diet is a shake you have 3 times a day with added artificial vitamins.
But that seems to be what people are doing!
DIET is a lifestyle and if we are serious about our lives and our livelihood, then everything we do is a lifestyle and to make the most out of our lives, to live it to the fullest, to feel the best and healthiest possible we choose to live the way our heart says – NOT the way a tv show, a magazine, a dietician, a Dr or anyone else says.
In our hearts we know whats good for us.
I cannot count how many times people have replied “oh – I don’t eat much meat” “I only have cheese sometimes” when they find out I don’t eat meat or dairy. It’s not my job to tell you what to eat, it’s your job. You will find no judgement from me whatsoever – BUT – PLEASE, just listen to yourselves and follow the prompts you are giving yourself.
Eating well is very simple
Here is a great way to start eating well:
- Go through the pantry and the fridge and throw out EVERYTHING that’s in a packet, this is not a time to be frugal it’s a time to be self-respecting…Don’t give it away – throw it out – it’s not food, it’s just poison at worst or the equivalent of a cardboard box at best.
- Check what you have left and put it all on the table.
- If there is any sugar there, milk or bread – throw it out.
- Also the honey and other heat treated products – they are deceased food as well, dead, carked it, gone.
- If there is anything left that you REALLY want to keep but it has a set of numbers or names you can’t read – don’t hesitate – throw it out. Its NOT food, it’s a chemical mix, a pharmaceutical concoction.
- Put what ever needs to be in the fridge back in there
- Go down the street and buy some fruit: oranges, apples, pears and lemons are good for a starter and some vegetables: Spinach (baby spinach is the most tender), tomatoes, celery, beans, snow peas, capsicum (peppers), spring onions, carrots, is a perfect mix for salad, add potatoes, sweet potatoes and pumpkin for some more substantial food (chips, baked pumpkin, sweet potato chips) and some olive oil for salads and baking.
- If you usually eat meat and are happy with that decision – buy something good, and please make sure you eat it, I always feel bad for the animal giving up it’s life just to be thrown in the bin (sorry, that’s my thing)
- You don’t need any milk, cheese, sugar or bread
- Here is an easy grain free breakfast (you may need to buy a couple of things) and an easy and tasty breakfast smoothie,
- Lunch is easy with Falafels and salad or if you’re in a real hurry a Really quick vegetable lunch
- Dinner? The perfect Vegetable BBQ followed by Cacao Avocado Ganache (you can even have this for breakfast!)
These are only a few ideas – there are so many more out there all made with WholeFood! not packet food. If you start to eat this way you WILL lose weight, you will feel better and you will have far more control over your life by not putting your weight and health issues in the hands of someone else.
There’s no way a simple and whole food way of eating – for the rest of your life – will ever hurt you. There are so many ways to get the calcium, the protein and other ‘vital elements’ in a whole-food diet that you do NOT get in a normal western diet.
There’s No chemicals, no reconstituted products, no empty products (I refuse to call them foods – they aren’t).
My focus and specialty is not food or recipes it’s mindset for people who are stuck, I just happen to have gone through a lot of dietary stuff and now do eat mainly whole food and raw food…so….
Here are some more links to help you find easy and healthy recipes from people who really know their stuff
If you are feeling stuck about your eating and feel as though you are in a rut. Contact me and we can work it through. This is one of my specialties, I have changed my diet so many times over many years, from being a meat and potato girl to being a vegan, trying to find the one the suits me the best, so I know the trauma and frustration of trying to do the same.
I’m offering this one-on-one coaching for you now for a small cost of $49USD for 30mins.
We can set up a time that suits us both to have a chat to help you find the guts to get rid of the stuff in your pantry and make the choice to be healthy once again. We can skype, phone or chat over coffee.
Looking forward to hearing from you.