CACAO AVOCADO GANACHE
This is such a tasty dessert, which I have had on the odd occasion for breakfast! NO harm done AND once again Chocolate for Breakfast! Perfect!
THE BASE – 1 cup almonds or hazelnuts (I used almonds) – 2/3 cup dates, pitted – 1/2 tsp salt
(use 7 or 8″ a springform pan)
THE FILLING –
- 1 1/2 big ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 Tbspn coconut oil
- 1 Tbspn raw coconut sugar or rapidura/any sugar you like (I don’t use any other sweetener beside the dates)
- 3 Tbspns Date paste (whip up 12 dates with a little water in the food processor – voila – date paste) –
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essences
- Pinch of salt
- Base: In a food processor, blend the almonds. Add dates and salt and blend till the mixture turns dough like. Add in 1 tsp of coconut oil and mix it in with your hands.
- Line the pan with glad wrap. Press the dough into the pan to form the base. Leave in the freezer for 30 mins to an hour.
- Filling: Place all the remaining filling ingredients in a food processor and process till smooth. Taste as you go along. Pour the ganache over the base and send it back to the freezer for around 2 – 3 hours (if possible).
- A DOLLOP OF COCONUT YOGHURT TO FINISH IT OFF
Perfect – enjoy
If you are thinking about changing your diet, want to lose weight or just want to clean it up a bit but don’t know where to start – I’m offering a free 20 min one-on-one consultation for everyone for a short time. .
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, we can set up a time that suits us both to have a chat using Skype, phone or over coffee.